Protection on the road

If your business owns vehicles you need coverage in case you or your employee is involved in an accident.


Commercial auto insurance is for businesses that have delivery vehicles, taxis, limos & service vehicles. It includes everything from personal cars to semi trucks and fleets.

All About Business Auto Insurance

Business auto insurance provides protection for any commercial vehicle owned or leased by the business. It typically includes collision and damage coverage as well as coverage for property and personal damage to others.

Just like having insurance for your personal car, you need insurance to cover your vehicles owned or used by your business.  Without Business Auto Insurance you could be liabile for bodily injuries, property damage or loss of wages if you or your employees are in an accident.

Typical coverage includes;

Bodily Injury – Coverage for bodily injury to others that you become responsible for under law.

Property Damage  – Coverage for damage to others for which you become responsible under law.

Medical Payments – Coverage for people who are accidentally injured while in your vehicle or while getting into or out of your vehicle.

Personal Injury  – Coverage for you or your immediate family’s medical, hospital, or lost wages  resulting from a car accident. In the event of death, death benefits and survivor benefits, if applicable, will be provided.

Optional coverages available for purchase include:

Comprehensive – Coverage for your car and its equipment in the event it is damaged or suffers a loss that is not a collision, subject to the deductible on the policy.

Collision – Coverage for collision damage to your car and its equipment, subject to the deductible on the policy.

Uninsured Motorist – Coverage when the other driver does not have insurance and is legally liable.

Underinsured Motorist – Coverage for when there is not enough insurance to cover the cost of the damages when the other drive is legally liable.

Additional Expense – Coverage for  things like a rental car, food, hotel or lodging and other expenses resulting from an accident or loss.

Hired Auto Liability Coverage – Covers liability for vehicles hired under contract on behalf of or loaned to the named insured.

Hired Auto Physical Damage – Coverage for any  hired, borrowed or short-term leased vehicles used in your business.

Employer’s Non-Ownership Liability – Coverage for a personal auto used in your business.  It also covers a business vehicle used occasionally by your employees for your business.

Business Auto Comes In Many Forms


Personal auto insurance provides coverage for accidents that happen while you are using your auto for personal reasons. work and family errands. Commercial auto is for vehicles owned by your business.

This is covered under an Inland Marine policy which can sometimes be combined with a business auto or general liability policy.  Shoot us an email to learn more.

Hired and non-owned auto insurance protects vehicles that your business uses but does not own including employees’ personal vehicles and vehicles leased by your business.

With the proper commercial auto insurance policy other people may drive your business' vehicles; however it is important to note all drivers need to be added to the policy.

The best thing you can do to get the best policy for the best premium is to implement a variety of  verifiable monitoring and safety procedures.

Need any help!

K.S. Pacific Insurance is proud to be able to protect businesses, mitigate losses, defend claims and cover Renters. If there is any thing we can do to help you, we are just a message away.


Complete the form below, filling in as much information as you can and we will put together a customized proposal specifically tailored to you.    Please understand, the more information you are able to provide the more accurate we are able to be.

Companies We Work With