What is Business Insurance?
Business insurance protects your business and helps pay for costs due to property damage, lawsuits, lost business income, and other covered losses.
Business Insurance consists of different coverages meant to protect against loss and keep the business operating as normal.
Types of Business Insurance
General Liability Insurance
- A standard insurance policy that protects against liability claims for injury to people or property caused by your business. General Liability Insurance typically includes 5 basic coverages. They are:
- General Liability
- Products, and completed operations
- advertising and personal injury
- Damange to Premises Rented to You
- Medical Payments
Commercial Auto Insurance
- Covers cars, trucks & motorcycles used for business.
- It gives financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury due to an accident. It also covers liability issues that arise as a result.
- Business auto insurance may also protect against theft.
- Sometimes covers damage to the car from events other than collisions.
Commercial Property Insurance
- Covers loss to buildings or personal property of the insured business or business owner, personal property of others on site and in the insured’s possession.
- Coverage can be provided on an all risk or specific perils basis.
Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Commercial umbrella insurance provides added liability coverage when claims exceed the limits of primary insurance policies, such as general liability. It can also potentially kick in as primary insurance when there are losses that are not covered by other underlying policies.
Professional Liability Insurance
- Professional liability insurance commonly known as errors & omissions or E&O, is a form of liability insurance that protects companies from the financial burden of defense costs in a negligence claim made by a client as well as the cost of damages awarded in a civil lawsuit.
Business Owner’s Package
- A Business Owner’s Package, or a BOP, is a package that combines coverage for the liability and the property in one insurance policy. Typically, a BOP comes with better premiums due to the bundled nature of the product and often times includes an assortment of adjunct coverages that round out the policy with an abundance of coverage options such as business interruption insurance, property insurance, vehicle coverage, liability insurance, and crime insurance.
- Workers’ compensation insurance provides wage replacement, and rehabilitation and medical benefits to employees that are injured while on the job, working. The coverage is mandated by each state and the wage and medical benefits vary by state. It also pays death benefits to families of employees who are killed on the job.
Contact us to learn more about the right Business Owners’ Package Policy for your business.